Monday 28 March 2016

WCBCSC move completed

I am happy to say that I have just completed moving all the WCBCSC (Winton Capital British Chess Solving Championship) content from my website to that of the BCPS. In recent years this has included lots of photographs of solvers and controllers at the finals. This has been a lot of work and I am relieved that it is now over. I have removed the WCBCSC content from my website, but retained the menu item for it, which now links to the BCPS site. All this material does not yet comprise a full archive of the competition. I have several years yet to add from my own archive as director, but there are many years where such records don't exist and these years will need to be researched. I will add to the archive as time permits. Complete or not, it will form a useful source of practice material for budding chess solvers.

I have also been continuing to migrate material to my new website from the existing one and producing new content for it too. This is another of those long jobs and I am not sure how long it will take. In the next few days I shall be preparing material ready for the BCPS Residential weekend in Nottingham - a solving tourney and a fairy composing tourney.

I am sorry that I didn't prepare another weekly BBC radio drama preview. I was just too busy with other things. However, I don't rule out doing further previews in the future.


No comments: